|From the City of Minneapolis:
June 30, 2011
For Residents of the 2nd Precinct, Sector 2, North of Broadway
Since June 1,
2011 there have been 12 robberies of person on and around Central Avenue NE.
of interest is:
- North boundary: 27th Avenue NE
- East boundary: Polk Street NE
- South Boundary: 20th Avenue NE
- West boundary: 7th Street NE
have happened at various times of the day and on different days of the week:
- 2 occurred between 11:00 a.m. and 12 noon
- 6 occurred between 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- 4 occurred between 9:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.
information has been varied from incident to incident.
What you can do:
robberies can be any age and race and can be men or women. Take the following
- Be observant and aware of your surroundings – do not be distracted
- Walk in well-lit areas – avoid alleys and poorly lit areas
- Try to walk with another person
- Carry as little cash as possible
- Carry your keys and money in a pocket, not in a purse or wallet
- Call 911 if you believe you are being followed or are in fear of
If a robber
approaches you, don’t resist. Try to get a good physical description (color
clothes, age, height, weight) of the suspect(s), direction of travel, vehicle
description (if one noticed) and license plate number;
Call 911 immediately
If you witness
suspicious behavior, persons, vehicles and/or activity call 911. Give detailed
descriptions of what you are witnessing.
and block clubs please distribute this advisory to your neighbors.
information on personal safety, forming a block club and/or crime prevention
information call MPD, 2nd Precinct, Crime Prevention Specialist
Nicholas Juarez 612-673‑2797 or Lt. Kathy Waite at 612-673-3678.